FEBRUARY 20, 2020
My insulin is not exactly working right now. I have had to up it to 35 units and I’m going to take my second dose tonight so I will see if it’s working.
Currently these are the medications I’m on:
- Lantus 35 units, once daily
- Metformin 1000mg, twice daily
- Glyburide 5mg, twice daily
- Lisinopril 20mg, once daily
- Pravastatin 20mg, once daily
- Lutera, once daily
I’m also experimenting with some supplements as well:
- Cissus Quadrangularis: tendon and ligament support, weight management, and mood support
- D-Mannose: urinary tract support
- Berberine: blood sugar support, cholesterol support, and a healthy gut
- Apple Cider Vinegar: weight loss support, blood sugar level support, and detoxification
In one of my posts, Some Signs You Might Have Diabetes, one of the symptoms is frequent urination and yeast infection. I have had some issues with urinary tract infections and so far the D-Mannose is the healthiest thing I could find that did not need a prescription. So far I think it’s been working but I am not entirely sure how I would know if it works or not. The D-Mannose is supposed to attract the bacteria that causes urinary infection then exit through the urine.
My husband and I are seriously considering moving out of state. We live in Hawaii and the cost of living here is ridiculous. We are thinking of moving to the mainland and trying to start over. It would put a lot of things on hold for us. We have to save up money to ship our car and find a place to stay up there. I’m going to continue to take my medications and supplements and work on exercising on the cheap.
We’re going to figure it out and I’ll keep you folks updated. Hey, it’s a how to go through a move and life change while on diabetes.
I want to know what you want to learn about diabetes. Take this survey to let me know what you are interested in learning.