Yield: 6 – 8 servings
Serving Size: 5 – 6 strips
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 45 mins
- 3 1/2 lbs of chicken breasts
- 1 c flour
- 1 Tbsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp garlic salt
- 1/2 Tbsp oregano
- 1/2 Tbsp thyme
- oil, just enough to cover half the strips
- Cut the chicken breast into 1/2 inch thick strips.
- Mix the flour and seasonings in a bowl.
- Toss the strips into the flour.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium-high heat.
- Fry chicken in batches, turning the chicken to make sure they don’t get stuck to the bottom of the pan. About 5 -7 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Once done, put chicken on a paper-towel-lined plate. Eat with a sauce of your choosing.
This chicken strips were really good. The best part was that my husband didn’t use any eggs for this recipe. It was nice and moist and just enough flavor that only a little ketchup was needed. My husband said that you don’t want to deep fry these babies, just fry them. We had ours on a bed of rice with canned corn and pickled daikon (Japanese radish). Really good stuff!