JANUARY 4, 2021
It’s a new year and honestly I’m not sure if it’s a new me. The drive and passion to make changes in my life are just as strong as five days ago but my willpower is as low as ever. I know what I have to do, it’s finding the motivation to get up and move. When I do move, I’ll keep moving. It’s the first step that’s always the hardest.
On the other hand, The Young and Diabetic has turned one and it’s honestly so amazing that I’ve managed to keep this blog going for one year. I’m notorious for starting things and stopping right in the middle, but I think it’s because I’m so passionate about diabetes that’s keeping me going. Not to mention you guys. As much as I like writing to keep me busy, it’s good to know that someone, somewhere out there is reading my work and actually liking what I write. You’re amazing. If you weren’t here, I would have stopped writing a long time ago I think.
I hate the idea of resolutions and diets. I hate them because I never remember them and I never stick to them. Resolutions seem so temporary even though they’re meant to be kept the entire year, we forget after a couple of weeks. So instead, here is a list of my goals for the year:
- Build My Followership. Get 500 followers on The Young and Diabetic blog, 250 likes on The Young and Diabetic Facebook page, and 150 followers on @younganddiabetic on Instagram, 500 subscribers to my newsletter.
- Reach My Goal Weight. I am now 212lbs and I want to reach my goal weight of 160lbs this year. That’s a 52lb weight loss, one pound per week.
- Reach Etsy Shop Goals. Make $1000 in revenue and 150 orders.
- Reach My Business Goals. Protect 60 families and recruit 60 people with my business.
- Save More Money. Get to $2000 for retirement, save up $2000 for a second car, and save up $2000 to buy a house. This is just for the year but I hope to save up a lot more.
- Get My Diabetes Under Control. I want to be able to lower my insulin and metformin dosage this year.
I’m going to print out my goals and post them in my room and at my desk so I can always seem them and take steps everyday to achieving them. I encourage you to write down your goals for the year. Avoid using certain phrases like “I want to lose 20lbs” instead say you want to achieve your goal weight of whatever it is. Aim big, you more than likely won’t make it but even if you make it halfway, that’s a big win. Like I have 100 followers right now and it took all year to get 100. I think realistically I can get another 100 this year, but if I aim for 500, 250 will still be a big win for me!
Feel free to share your goals with me so I can help cheer you on. You all are going to keep me accountable this year. I really appreciate all of you. Thank you for sticking with me. I hope you have a great 2021 and you achieve your goals and dreams this year.